Hello...

My name's Deb, how lovely to meet you! I'm so glad you stopped by...

In November 2008 I made my first sock monkey (yep, that's him alright)....and as they say...the rest is history...

In February 2009, Sock It To Me! was born and my life used to consist of Teza by day (Good afternoon, you're speaking to Chaos Control & Crayon Girl, how may i help?) and monkey business by night.

It was very exciting but I left my home and reality for a crazy journey of enlightenment around Asia. So, here I am soaking up the sights and sounds of sunny Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and working for CLEO, the coolest mag ever. Thanks again for stopping by, sit back, relax and Happy Reading!

xoxo Miss Deb

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Reveling in a good day...


Aaah, I liked today.

This morning I made myself go to the gym even though my brain came up with half a dozen reasons for why I shouldn't. I defeated that silly voice and plan on making it disappear altogether one day.

At lunch time, I was so anxious about the upcoming interview but it was impossible to let it get me down with the number of supportive messages flooding my Facebook page wishing me luck and sending me warm fuzzies.

This afternoon I headed to an interview an hour earlier fearing I'd get lost along the way. I didn't get lost but I had some time to relax and collect my thoughts beforehand. By the time, I stepped into the office I was as cool as a popsicle and the adrenalin in my body was starting to wear off a little so I didn't babble like a crazy person or go too far off topic. I think I made a good impression but more importantly, I feel like I was totally myself and not a shell of the person I think they want me to be. It's nice to feel real and for it to be okay.

When I stepped out of the elevator afterwards, I was greeted by a torrential storm. How was I going to flag a taxi without becoming a drowned rat? A taxi just happened to drive up to the front of the foyer, I asked if he was waiting for someone and he said yes. So I went back to staring at the rain from inside the building, willing it to stop so I could go home. 2 minutes later, the same taxi man came in to ask me where I was headed, I told him and he drove me there.

Isn't it awesome when some days feel easy? I think I'll try and look out for how easy things can be in the hopes that more days like this one come along.

What's something or someone that made your life a little easier/better today?

xoxo
Miss Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails