Hello...

My name's Deb, how lovely to meet you! I'm so glad you stopped by...

In November 2008 I made my first sock monkey (yep, that's him alright)....and as they say...the rest is history...

In February 2009, Sock It To Me! was born and my life used to consist of Teza by day (Good afternoon, you're speaking to Chaos Control & Crayon Girl, how may i help?) and monkey business by night.

It was very exciting but I left my home and reality for a crazy journey of enlightenment around Asia. So, here I am soaking up the sights and sounds of sunny Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and working for CLEO, the coolest mag ever. Thanks again for stopping by, sit back, relax and Happy Reading!

xoxo Miss Deb

Friday, July 10, 2009

Orchard, Vivo and Far East

So my little chickadees, how's it?

Thought I'd try and be a wee bit more disciplined with the blog posts..I have been terribly slack I know!

So as you know I've been laxing in Singapore for a few weeks now..the lovely boychum finally got his behind here so we've gotten to explore heaps!

We are currently staying at my bro's service apartment that is a 5-8 min walk from Orchard Road...shopping central of Singapore! Poor Dean! There's probably a shopping mall for every 2 steps you take...it's nuts!


There's heaps of construction going on Orchard Road too...they really utilize every square inch!


This is the Paragon...fancy pants shopping mall with an awesome food court in the basement...


This is Ion...extremely cool building at night as all those panels light up...



It's even fancier than Paragon with brands like Louis Vuitton, Guess and CK...the official opening's on the 21st...we just might have to see what the fuss is all about tee hee hee!

My favourite mall on Orchard has to be the Far East Plaza...not to be confused with the Far East Shopping Centre...hehehe...This place is affordable and has extremely cool vintage and indie boutiques! I'd say there are at least 100 shops in this one building and it was absolute bliss...so much so that I didn't take many photos as I was too pre-occupied...


We had lunch at a Korean Restaurant with my bro and his wife...:)
I had the stir-fried pork Bento box and it was YUM as!



A few days later Dean and I decided to catch the MRT to Vivo City...it's a little further out of town but the weather forecast predicted thunderstorms so that was the best indoor activity we could think of...

Super stoked about my Chicken and Barbecue Pork Rice..


Mmmmmm...nom nom nom...



Then off for a wander around this super-mall..


It had it's own fountain...not bad...

It had it's own playground...


But then it started hosing down so we jumped back on the MRT and headed home...

Pretty boy and sunset..tee hee hee


Off to the pool for a swim now...leave me a message won't ya...hope alls well with you!

xoxo
Miss Deb

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heh, you are so cute Deb.
    I am jealous of your travels. I miss you Orchard Road!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I'll see you around here sometime then Olivia? X

    Yeah Orchard's the bomb but I tell you Bugis Street has won my heart too! Don't stop updating your blog k? Wanna know what's the haps with you! X

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails