Hello...

My name's Deb, how lovely to meet you! I'm so glad you stopped by...

In November 2008 I made my first sock monkey (yep, that's him alright)....and as they say...the rest is history...

In February 2009, Sock It To Me! was born and my life used to consist of Teza by day (Good afternoon, you're speaking to Chaos Control & Crayon Girl, how may i help?) and monkey business by night.

It was very exciting but I left my home and reality for a crazy journey of enlightenment around Asia. So, here I am soaking up the sights and sounds of sunny Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and working for CLEO, the coolest mag ever. Thanks again for stopping by, sit back, relax and Happy Reading!

xoxo Miss Deb

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Eating and Fish Spas in KL

Hello lovelies!

After Gareth headed back to NZ I headed to KL to meet up with my mum and sister for a bit of a shop...

We stayed at the Heritage Station Hotel which actually used to be...you guessed it...an old train station! The lighting wasn't the best so unfortunately I only have one interesting shot of the place which I can't even remember which way is up...hahah! I'll share anyway...


Just behind that building was the current train station where we waited patiently for our train to take us to Midvalley Shopping Mall - yeeyah!


Funky mosque tower...


I think train tracks are pretty cool...


It's here...off we go...


First stop...food court...Mmmmm...


Each plate of food would've been RM4 which is a little less than NZ$2...I kid you not...

Anyway, we went for a wander and came across what is meant to be quite a common thing in Asia...essentially it's a foot spa with a twist..a fishy twist..


Can't quite tell what that is? Here...


They have these aquarium's with these fishies that eat dead skin off your feet...the fishies don't have teeth so it's more like a ticklish sucking motion but alas I wasn't brave enough to give it a go...what's next? Having a bathtubful of suckerfish so you don't have to have to bathe yourself? Tee hee hee

I did come across less weird and way cooler things...Check out this little food stall...they re-use can's to make this awesome light fixture:


As if that wasn't enough, I was blown away by their ceiling...


It's made out of old doors!

Anyhoo, that's all for now folks...heaps more exploring to do so stay tuned!
Hope alls well with you...

xoxo
Miss Deb - who's busy posing with yummy roasted meats...

2 comments:

  1. Eeeeeee Deb! That fishy foot pic made me squirm and giggle at the same time! :-) I would need to be tied down at a fish foot spa. I would laugh too much. Haha!
    Glad you are having fun x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey honey,
    Yeah I know...my sis dared me to do it but we couldn't sum up enough courage in the end. I also wondered if the fishies would do as a good a job as a professional pedicurist hahah...Yeah I think they'd have to gag me as well as tie me down hahah...
    Hope things are good with you..
    Went in search for some bird stamps for ya the other day but only found fish ones and butterfly ones...don't worry though, I'll keep my eyes peeled!
    Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails