Hello...

My name's Deb, how lovely to meet you! I'm so glad you stopped by...

In November 2008 I made my first sock monkey (yep, that's him alright)....and as they say...the rest is history...

In February 2009, Sock It To Me! was born and my life used to consist of Teza by day (Good afternoon, you're speaking to Chaos Control & Crayon Girl, how may i help?) and monkey business by night.

It was very exciting but I left my home and reality for a crazy journey of enlightenment around Asia. So, here I am soaking up the sights and sounds of sunny Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and working for CLEO, the coolest mag ever. Thanks again for stopping by, sit back, relax and Happy Reading!

xoxo Miss Deb

Monday, February 2, 2009

Domestic Goddess...

Aloha lovelies from sunny Auckland!

Don't ya just lalalala loooove summer?

I'm originally from Malaysia where it's summer all year round so i don't think it's too unreasonable of me to say i'd like it to just stay this way! Tee hee hee

Mmmm when i think summer in NZ i think, food...lots and lots of food...something just takes over and all i want to do is bake and cook!

I made vege patties for the barbeque the other day...


Kinda came up with my own recipe just like the first time i tried. I just didn't want it to fall apart like the last time. They were made from mashed pumpkin, sauteed eggplant in garlic, capsicum and spring onion. I finished it off with a quick dip in some egg and coated it in crushed cornflakes that had been seasons with pepper, salt and a little paprika.


So the test of time was whether it would hold its shape on the hot grill...


Houston, we have lift off!!
I was pretty happy with how they turned out but still trying to get over the fact that because there isn't any meat in it, it won't have that elastic consistency of a meat pattie, my vege pattie was crispy on the outside and mushy on the inside. Hmmm...any tips, tricks or suggestions?

Ooooh, last last Monday was Chinese New Year so i thought it only right that i paid homage to my Malaysian Chinese roots and cook up a storm (for those of you who don't know i'm half Indian and half Chinese, my parents eloped...but that is a story for another time hehehe). So i decided Chicken Laksa was to be made and hoovered down!

Mmmm...so simple and so yummy! All you've got to do is get your rice noodles (i like using the thinnest kind) soft, chicken steamed and shredded, prawns blanched and a good helping of beansprouts and place it all ready in a bowl. Meanwhile your Laksa gravy (i just use store bought laksa paste and coconut milk) should be boiling hot, your patrons hungrily waiting! Stirring is essential...


Finally spoon over large amounts of the soupy spicy Laksa gravy over the bowl of goodness and voila!



This post is making me hungry...when's lunch?

xoxo
Miss Deb

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails