Hello...

My name's Deb, how lovely to meet you! I'm so glad you stopped by...

In November 2008 I made my first sock monkey (yep, that's him alright)....and as they say...the rest is history...

In February 2009, Sock It To Me! was born and my life used to consist of Teza by day (Good afternoon, you're speaking to Chaos Control & Crayon Girl, how may i help?) and monkey business by night.

It was very exciting but I left my home and reality for a crazy journey of enlightenment around Asia. So, here I am soaking up the sights and sounds of sunny Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and working for CLEO, the coolest mag ever. Thanks again for stopping by, sit back, relax and Happy Reading!

xoxo Miss Deb

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Hump day Wednesday!

So who's happy we're already half way through the working week? Yes yes, i do love where i work but i love having the whole weekend free to sew like a mad woman and chillax in the sun!

I packed a picnic dinner last Sunday for Dean and me. :) Made sushi (chicken, red pepper, spring onion & cucumber) and bought some yummy chocolate milk. Drink of choice would've been a Teza but alas they're not available in supermarkets. Tee hee hee. Cornwall Park is gorgeous this time of the year! So excited that it's only the start of summer, truckload more days like this to enjoy! Yay!!


Ooh...guess what i'm getting today? Well i bought it off Trademe yesterday but my knight in shining armour has a day off today so he'll be picking it up...a 'dining'/sewing table! I've been sewing on my dressing table for ages now so it is going to be epic to have a table solely as a home and pedestal for my grand sewing machine. :D I'll have to post photos once it's settled in with the rest of the room fixtures but boy am i stoked! It's even extendable so i can have my sewing machine on the middle bit and use the 'wings' for pinning or cutting!

Had quite the little productive evening yesterday too...made a pumpkin and feta pizza for work lunch today (and made a spare one for the boys as i'm out to dinner tonight!)....AND decided it was finally time to dip into my monkey stash and put more up on Toggle, finally have a shop on Felt and of course Etsy! It's all a work in progress as i'm still figuring out how to make a 'banner' for my 'shop front' Gah! but the important part is done. This also means i will HAVE to sew more monkeys before the next K-bomb which is in less than 2 weeks! Yikes! Deadlines are thrilling though aren't they...:) You'll either see me pull my hair out or do my victory dance!

Anyhoo, i know i still owe you photos of my last K-bomb purchases as well as my loot from the last Swap Away...good things come to those who wait...X

Hugs!
Miss Deb

2 comments:

  1. Oh how exciting is your life at the mo!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just got back from dinner, man i'm exhausted... wish i had some energy to sew at my new sewing table! Boo...hahah

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails