Hello...

My name's Deb, how lovely to meet you! I'm so glad you stopped by...

In November 2008 I made my first sock monkey (yep, that's him alright)....and as they say...the rest is history...

In February 2009, Sock It To Me! was born and my life used to consist of Teza by day (Good afternoon, you're speaking to Chaos Control & Crayon Girl, how may i help?) and monkey business by night.

It was very exciting but I left my home and reality for a crazy journey of enlightenment around Asia. So, here I am soaking up the sights and sounds of sunny Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and working for CLEO, the coolest mag ever. Thanks again for stopping by, sit back, relax and Happy Reading!

xoxo Miss Deb

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

I still cannot believe Christmas is tomorrow...it almost feels like this year has flown by before me as i stood on the sidelines watching helplessly. Of course that hasn't been the case at all...in fact, it's because i've been 'participating' so much in life this year that i'm probably more disappointed that i don't have more time to do more fun stuff before it all comes to an end! I think living from one event to the next has that effect...like doing one Kraftbomb and then trying to get more done before the next one just makes the months disappear.

It's raining outside at the moment..the kind of misty rain that is enough to make your hair frizzy but not enough to give you the 'i just washed my hair and i look hot' look. But man does it look a lot like really light snow....hmmmm, pretty! This is the view from my work space...


So Kraftbomb 6 - the Christmas Special was yet another success story! Well done ladies! I had a fab time as usual but encountered a wee drama before i arrived...the night before i'd been working away like a good Christmas elf until 1.30am and the next morning i was up with the birds at 7am getting more done. So when 9 o'clock rolled round i was psyched that everything was sorted, stuff was all packed and i just needed to get my butt in the shower. My flatmate Seanie had offered to give me a ride to the Grey Lynn Community Centre so that base was covered too. (Now, i've only lived in Aucks for a year so my sense of direction is still improving...) To cut a long story short, Seanie took a wrong turn and we ended up in Henderson! (it's okay Seanie, these things happen and i definately don't hold it against you!) Gah! So when i finally arrived i had like 2 minutes to set up my stall. The wonderful ladies on either side of my stall were so helpful (thank you!), they must have seen the frazzled look on my face...both of you were an absolute godsend! I'm sorry i wasn't better company...normally a lot chattier and personable but being that late despite of being so super organized really rattled my cage. Alas, i conclude that everything happens for a reason...and whatever it was, i'm sure it was a significant step in the right direction in the grand scheme. So thanks to the wonderful Niella of Just a Lil Paper Goodness...i at least have one photo of me and my stall...thanks hunny!


Oooh, and of course i gotta show you the new additions to the sock monkey family...

These two bad boys are made from some seriously awesome socks i got from Colorado (the shop not the place), they are super soft and snuggly!



And yes, i have a thing for love hearts..:)



And lastly...baby nautical monkey...i'd been meaning to make a monkey out of baby socks for ages and i finally did! He was a hit...will have to make more for next time!


Ah yes, I also sold quite a few of my reversible headbands which was mint! It all started out with me making one for me and thought they would make nice Christmas pressies so i made a few more and then everything spun out of control and before i knew it there was a huge pile of gorgeous fabric begging me to use them and me sewing until wee hours of the morning with doorstopper and towels stuffed under my door hoping to muffle the noise and not wake my flatties. :) (will be tweaking the elastic bands for them for next time though, to accommodate more heads hehe, i only had mine and boy flatties around to test sizing out on!)

My organized chaos / workspace at home:


One more shot of my stall where you can see my clothesline (complete with mini pegs) of headbands...yipee!


That night, Dean and i were invited to go to The Do in the Zoo with his family. It was organized by Air New Zealand and heaps of people went. It was kinda cool to get to go to the zoo after hours but too bad that most of the animals were asleep. I took my camera with me...show and tell time!

This is Dean's nephew Callum..a.k.a. marshmallow man...



Then we have close up shot of Mr Hippo by Dean...(being tall has its perks in a crowd of people, i must say. It's a pretty cool picture so i got to give credit where it's due eh?!)


Look at this little meerkat posing for me! Cute-ness!



Well, i think that's all for today folks...bring on Christmas!


Have an awesome one, be safe and much love from all of us at Sock Monkey HQ,
Miss Deb

7 comments:

  1. the weather here is gross too..hence my frizzy hair! Oh i cant wait to get one of your monkeys..once crazy times have gone..Hope you have a fabulous Xmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Deb! You don't look one bit frazzled in that pic. You got there in the end! And I saw lots of little girls walking around with your headbands - well done.

    Have a lovely Christmas!

    Ps. love the Hippo pic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. waahh!!, pretty blog, I discovered your blog thanks to: oh joy
    Happy 2009!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love yours funny monkyes!!!
    Mu favourite is the little one!!
    Un beso!
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello!

    pixiepants - i did have a great Christmas, thank you! And yes, i'm looking forward to making your monkey...have you found any cool socks?

    Bee - Yeah, i kept my frazzle inside heheh...you're right though, the most important thing is that i did get there, everything else doesn't matter. It's funny how i get so hung up on the little things sometimes...Hope you had a rad Christmas too!
    Will tell Dean and Mr Hippo that you liked the photo! :)

    lepetitpapillon - thank you! I love oh joy's blog, its gorgeous! Thanks for stopping by...will definately be visiting your bloggie later on today! x

    mirifice - aww..thanks Eva! I swear they have taken over my life sometimes! The baby ones are adorable but so fiddly to make. You'll have to tell me what un beso means next time! hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  6. thank you so much for my headband deb- your such a lovely lady! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you liked it hun! It's SO cool to find like-minded people...you've just been added to my list of guinea pigs for whenever i make new stuff tee hee hee x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails