Hello...

My name's Deb, how lovely to meet you! I'm so glad you stopped by...

In November 2008 I made my first sock monkey (yep, that's him alright)....and as they say...the rest is history...

In February 2009, Sock It To Me! was born and my life used to consist of Teza by day (Good afternoon, you're speaking to Chaos Control & Crayon Girl, how may i help?) and monkey business by night.

It was very exciting but I left my home and reality for a crazy journey of enlightenment around Asia. So, here I am soaking up the sights and sounds of sunny Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia and working for CLEO, the coolest mag ever. Thanks again for stopping by, sit back, relax and Happy Reading!

xoxo Miss Deb

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Inspired by the 60's

Hello you! Aren't you looking sharp today!

Guess what? I finally had a spare afternoon (well i took the afternoon off from my Teza duties hehe) to get a hair cut! Whoopee, i do love visiting the lovely Sanja at Bettjemans in Orakei as she always does a fantabulous job! This place rocks, service is always primo and you can get everything from hair spa treatments to funky cut and colours as well as up-dos for glam occassions. Anyhoo...yesterday, as per usual, Sanja got to do whatever she wanted with my hair. She always tells me that she loves cutting my hair 'cos i let her go crazy with it. She's super duper trendy and so i fully trust her creative judgement :)
Unfortunately i haven't had a chance to take any photos but i ended up with a very chic 60's inspired bob with a bit of a modern twist in the form of a thick jagged cut fringe...it's so Mod dah-ling! Hahaha...I love it! Still having lots of fun trying different clothes on and seeing what sort of make up goes best with it! Tee hee hee

So, it doesn't come as much of a surprise that today's post will attempt to showcase what i think encapsulates what i love most about 60's retro/vintage je nais se quoi...:)






Sigh...now all i want to do is finish work and go op-shopping!
Oooh, speaking of op-shopping...the Swap Away is drawing near, yeeha! I'm excited! Get in quick for the awesome clothes swap on Dec 6th, from 12.15-3.30pm at The Leys Institute Hall, 20 St Marys Rd, Ponsonby, Auckland!

I now leave you with an extremely important piece of advice...



Tee hee hee
xoxo
Miss Deb

1 comment:

  1. Oh thanks Miss Deb! It is drawing closer and closer and we have still so much to do. The packs are neaarrly ready! Sorry for the delay. We got a little abitious I think!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails